Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lunch AND dinner - great way to end the semester

Today is my last day of classes - my Sports Psychology class meets this afternoon and then the grading begins.  Yesterday was the last day for my Practicum class - they have met with me for 2.5 hours each week for the entire academic year.  They spend 8 - 10 hours per week at their internship sites and have done an amazing job of not only representing Saint Michael's College in our community, but in gaining valuable experience in the world of social services.  It has been an honor to have you all in my class this year.

Yesterday was also the last day of my Men & Masculinities class - this group of 15 men and 15 women have pushed their boundaries, stepped way outside of their comfort zones and produced an exceptional class - their willingness to share their own stories, to NOT be afraid to show who they really are and their ability to "grow" even when it was uncomfortable speaks volumes for this group.  The picture is of the last of the five "dinner at Dave's" which I hold in my home each semester.  I am truly blessed to be able to work at Saint Michael's College and am so proud of all of my students. 

As always, please keep all of the members of our military and their families AND all of our veterans in your thoughts and prayers.  We were lucky this semester to have a veteran of the Afghanistan war in our class - his insights and the experienes he shared, while NEVER easy for him, benefitted the rest of us more than we may have thought possible. 

Also please keep those in the path of the tornadoes in many parts of our country in your thoughts and prayers - such incredible destruction......




Dinner at Dave's - last of five :)

No comments:

Post a Comment